How to identify genuine moldavites and moldavite fakes
A detailed guide which will teach you how to tell a authentic moldavite from a fake one (raw, cut, rare ones or gem in jewelry) and also how to identify an imitation from a photograph. Both laymen and professional gemologists will find this book extremely useful.
- What to generally look out for
- What you will need
- How to recognize a real cut moldavite
- How to recognize an authentic raw moldavite
- A moldavite from the locality of Besednice – how to recognize a real “hedgehog” from a fake one.
- How to recognize hand-made glyptic sculpture in natural moldavite
- How to recognize an authentic tumbled moldavite
- How to recognize authentic moldavites if they are completely broken
- How to recognize authentic moldavite dust
- How to recognize an authentic two-coloured moldavite
- How to recognize a fake and an authentic moldavite in jewellery
- A gemologic test of authenticity of moldavites
- Appendix A. Gemological laboratories
- Appendix B. Chemical composition of moldavites